1. Chris just finish Atlas Shrugged…little long (1000 pgs) and a bit drawn out, but a masterful work none the less.
“Until and unless you discover that money is the root of all good, you ask for your own destruction. When money ceases to become the means by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of other men. Blood, whips and guns–or dollars. Take your choice–there is no other.”
2. The ratio of men to women on Istanbuls sunbathing scene is about as healthy as the gay section of south beach – a lot less banana hammocks though.
3. Twelve countries into the trip and the Czech’s claim to have the best beer still stands tall.
4. Dogs chasing after your motor vehicle are a lot scarier when the motor vehicle is an ATV and your limbs dangle within striking distance.
5. Spicey Feta (Greece) & Garlic Feta (Turkish) make the lame as chunks of feta served in the US seem dreadful to return to. Our feta standards have been raised.
6. Both of Istanbul’s airports are uber nice.
7. Everyone in Istanbul speaks English – well played.
8. Two things we aspire to one day return to Istanbul and purchase to deck out our home – hand made, silk carpets and ceramics.
9. The Turks love, love, love, love, love their flag. It is everywhere. Must admit it is bold and cool looking.
10. Thanks to Hank Med we have self diagnosed that we both suffer from ridiculopathies (sp?).